Tuesday, July 21, 2009

today's literal juggling

to begin with today's fun i dropped m off at pre-school and then went to chunk's gymnastics class. i do what i am told - take your shoes off. i am scared of being barefoot anywhere but my own home so i wear socks. i walk down the path, imagine chunk in one arm, enormous python hand bag in slung over other arm and my cute yellow heels hooked to my finger. then there is a tiny one step ramp that i step on and slip completely out of my socks and am laying on the ground on my side. the miraculous thing about this is that i was holding chunk and he did not get hurt or get near the ground. my mother's instinct made me hold him up and kept him safe - my knees and shins are killing me and i am sure i will be nicely bruised by tomorrow.

update - i am still sooo sore from this tumble. that will teach me to try not look cute now that i don't have to. where are my yoga pants, fit flops and american apparel tee? i would rather much rather slip looking like a schmuck than all cute and sh*t.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos! Truth be told, I myself would have been tempted to save the cute yellow heels.

I HATE "no shoe" rules. I keep those babies cleaner than my own feet - they're worth more.