Wednesday, July 1, 2009

i am going to live

it is a long story so i will shorten it - on friday my odyssey began...

1. unexplained bleeding - 12the day
2. ultra sound and blood tests
3. IUD missing
4. admitted to hospital
5. xrays
6. emergency surgery on saturday, not going to make it to monday!
7. found tumor
9. removed tumor
10. borderline anemic now
11. tests came back - inconclusive for now but "not going to die of cancer" was how the dr. put it

they still don't know why i was bleeding - but at least i don't have cancer. there i said it. more tests later a follow up with the "cervix man" of san francisco, this friday. hopefully more good news. i love my kids, my husband and want to enjoy my time off with them until i go back to work!

yes, tomorrow is my last day - 10 1/2 years. haven't even thought about it too much as the above story had me occupied.

moral of this story is to always trust your instincts - if you think something is wrong - it is wrong! don't let nurse's tell you it's no big deal - get a hold of your dr.!

No comments: